Monday, October 2, 2017

Where Am I Now?

A recent comment on To You Who Wants To Die reminded me that I haven't updated in a long time-thank you, friend. I'm grateful to you for that note and for the knowledge that my words had meaning for you.

Life, you see, has gotten even busier than it used to be, and that's saying something.
I survived the pregnancy without murdering anyone. I had a beautiful baby girl, my little Wonder. Nursing is... a thing... and we're pretty much exclusively pumping.
She's gorgeous. Bonkers, Logan, and I all adore her, and judging by her giggles the feeling is mutual.

Bonkers struggled in school last year, mostly because he finally got his ADHD and DMDD diagnoses, but made it through and despite his issues he was deeply loved by his teachers, who were sad to see us go. We didn't leave due to any issues with the school, only because I can't afford both infant childcare and private school tuition. Now, he's at a public charter school with a language immersion program. We requested Spanish or Mandarin, but German is what was available. I won't pretend that that doesn't make me a bit uncomfortable in the current political climate, but it's also useful for him to be learning a language I'm already somewhat-conversational in.
I'm a Room Mom, because of course I am. Me, throw in a bunch of extra stuff to do? Never!

Postpartum depression is kicking my ass again, but this time I caught it earlier and Zoloft is my friend. I'm finally enrolled in the VA's healthcare system, although I got to have a lovely fight with my GP about my medications while nursing. Thanks, but when my IBCLC, psychiatrist, pharmacist, and pediatrician all agree that they're safe, you're general practitioner ass doesn't get to comment, kthxbai.
Exclusively pumping is also hella hard, but we're managing. I'm thankful that Logan is super-supportive, although I sometimes get major side-eye for the number of pump parts I've bought.

August made my 2-year anniversary at my job, but I'm sort of biding my time until I can leave. I love training, but I only get to do instructional design here, and that's driving me nuts. My boss gets it, and is trying to help, though, and I love my team.

Last week marked 4 years since Rush died. I'm functional, but not okay about that.
Logan adopted Bonkers, and I couldn't help but feel like it was a betrayal of Rush, despite the fact that it's much better for Bonkers this way. I still miss him, but I'm somewhat less angry now, and was able to remember him on the anniversary without completely losing it.

So yeah, that's my life in a nutshell these days.
We're down to 5 motorcycles, up 1 RV (we sold the camper), down to 3 cars (1 of which is in the process of being sold), and I finally started making the house feel like my own.

I'm still riding a motorcycle, just with a breast pump attached these days.
Welcome to my world.



No comments:

Post a Comment