Monday, May 11, 2015

Best Mother's Day Ever

So, this thing happened.

I'll probably be posting more as I figure out wedding planning stuff :-D

Context: Mother's Day is a rough day for me. I've had 6 mothers, and all but 1 of them are dead, or gone from my life. Mother's Day sucks.
Wolfcub's conception day is Mother's Day, however- Rush took me to the Mother's Day pow-wow our first year together, and we spent all day watching the fancy dances.
Do you know what fancy dances are, folks?
They're giant effing fertility rituals.
Do you know how to make your birth control null and void?
Spend all day at a fertility ritual, apparently. Sigh.
So with Rush dead, Mother's Day sucks all over again and on a whole new level!

This Mother's Day, Logan brought me tea in bed, and Wolfcub climbed up with me (continuing his tradition of stealing my tea in bed on Mother's Day), while Logan knelt by the bed. I literally didn't notice that he was kneeling, because I thought he was just avoiding looming over me by standing next to the bed.
Then I realized he was reaching into his pocket. And Wolfcub was bouncing. He asked Wolfcub if there was something he wanted to say to me, and was clearly trying to prompt him. I didn't know if it was just a, "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!" he was trying to get out of him, so I just stayed calm, but my heart was pounding.
Poor Wolfcub was clearly trying to say whatever they'd rehearsed, but finally just blurted out, "Marry Logan!!!!" as Logan held up the ring.
I could only cry and nod and give him my hand, too choked up for words.

It was perfect- low-key, sweet, and romantic.
Best Mother's Day Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment